Mr. Brophy has substantial experience in the civil litigation arena, on both sides of the docket, particularly business litigation. Mr. Brophy’s litigation experience includes acting as lead counsel in virtually all types of civil lawsuits, including, without limitation: contract and fraud, fiduciary duty, real estate, construction, securities, directors and officer’s liability, professional malpractice, energy, insurance, personal injury, unfair competition, intellectual property and trade secrets. Mr. Brophy has substantial trial experience; handling and trying a wide variety of lawsuits before juries, to the bench and in arbitration.
Mr. Brophy’s transactional and corporate law experience largely consists of advising companies and individuals with complex contract negotiations and drafting, mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate, the private placement of securities, commercial finance and business formations. Mr. Brophy has advised business clients in connection with a wide array of business matters, including, without limitation, the following:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint Ventures
- The private placement of securities and fund formation
- The negotiation and drafting of contracts
- The formation and structuring of businesses
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Corporate finance
- Risk assessment and asset protection
- Employment and compensation agreements
- The protection of trade secrets, confidential and proprietary information and various other restrictive covenants, including, non-competes
- Tax credits
- Business divorce
- Property Assessment Clean Energy (“PACE”) financing
Private Practice and Private Industry Experience
Mr. Brophy was an equity partner in two high profile Austin law firms and as a young lawyer was trained in a large law firm environment. Mr. Brophy has also served as General Counsel to holding companies in the commercial real estate development and financial advisory industries.
As a young lawyer, Mr. Brophy served as the Chairman of the Austin Bar Association Litigation Section; chaired Austin’s Ultimate Trial Notebook Seminar multiple times; and served as the Texas Young Lawyer’s Association’s representative on the State Bar of Texas Litigation Council.